As a result of God’s overwhelming hand over the community at Dalgarno, the need has been felt for a Children and Families Pastor. This could be Part time or full time.
The successful applicant will be passionate about children and families and engaging the church in God’s transforming mission within our local community. They will help children and families in our church and in our neighbourhood become life-long followers of Jesus Christ; equipped and encouraged as disciple-makers.
The role will involve:
- Leading both community-based Christian ministry (including in schools) and church-based ministry, including praying with and for others;
- Supporting and overseeing existing Christian ministries;
- Pioneering and developing new Christian ministries for the community and area;
- Coordinating and managing teams of volunteers from within the church and community;
- Work alongside a small staff team, being line-managed by the church leader and coached by the Diocesan Children’s Ministry Coordinator; and
- Working on Sundays and Tuesdays.
The successful applicant will:
- be experienced in mission and ministry with families and children in an urban setting;
- be a self-starter with a proven track-record of being able to use their own initiative to develop new ways of engaging people in new projects;
- have demonstrable experience of project management;
- have experience of building strong and long-term working relationships with others;
- be able to work well without a great deal of supervision; and
- be outgoing and confident.
Committed Christian faith is a requirement. Visits from potential applicants are welcomed.
This post is subject to enhanced CRB disclosure.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if the role interests you. Feel free to pass the link along to someone who you think might be interested.
“The harvest is plenty but the workers are few”.