St Francis Church is looking for an intern to help organise the RISE festival which will take place on the Dalgarno Estates 26-28 June. If you are interested in applying for the role outlined below then please email email@example.com.
|Job title||RISE Intern|
|Reports to||RISE co-odinators|
|Dates required||May 21st-June 27th 2015|
|Hours||3 hours a week (days and times are flexible)|
|Hourly rate||Please contact Azariah France-Williams for details (see below)|
|Application deadline||Wednesday 13th May 2015|
This is a short-term opportunity to support the coordinators of the RISE Festival in promoting the event, organising the schedule, briefing the volunteers and preparing feedback questionnaires. The RISE Festival will take place 26-28 June 2015.
The inaugural RISE Festival will take place in various venues around the Dalgarno estates in North Kensington W10. RISE is about the celebration, education and transformation of local people, by local people in local places. It will celebrate the life and people of the Dalgarno estates and flow from the passions of those who live there. RISE is for all ages and will include arts, faith, local business, food, fun and family activities. RISE is hosted by local residents and a number of organisations situated on and around the estates including St Francis Church, the Dalgarno Trust, People’s Kitchen, and Corner 9 Arts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Helping to organize the RISE schedule in the lead up to the event
- Promoting RISE through one to one meetings, fliers, social media and local press
- Managing the promotion of RISE at the Little Scrubs Fun day on June 14th
- Preparing and coordinating the RISE volunteers ensuring they are at the right place at the right time
- Supporting RISE coordinators Rahel Goenner and Anna France-Williams
- Participating in a weekly phone call with RISE Coordinators to share out duties
- Preparing a survey to give to RISE participants to elicit feedback
- Motivated and able to take initiative
- Must have some experience of promotion and event organising
- Able to work in a team
- Committed to the ethos of RISE which is the celebration, transformation and education of local people by local people in local places
Please contact Revd. Azariah France-Williams for more details and for an application form:
St Francis Church