Would you like to join the St Francis team? A new opportunity has arisen to be part of the Communications function at St Francis church. The deadline for applications is Friday 8th January 2016. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Details are below.
St Francis Church, Dalgarno Way
JOB TITLE: Communications Manager
PLACE OF WORK: St Francis Church, Dalgarno Way, W10 5EL. Homeworking is also an option.
HOURS: Up to 4 hours a week. Flexible working hours.
SALARY: £9.15 per hour (work must be detailed and invoiced each month)
START DATE: Sunday, 17 January 2016
DEADLINE: Friday, 8 January 2016. Interviews will take place week commencing Sunday, 10 January 2016
HOLIDAY: To be negotiated with Line Manager
MANAGEMENT: You will be reporting to Revd. Azariah France-Williams. There will be weekly team meetings and fortnightly supervision. You will work in partnership with the Admin Manager.
This is an initial three month post to support a small paid team and larger volunteer team. After an appraisal and review, the job could be extended for a further six months.
The appointment is on a freelance basis and taxable income is the responsibility of the successful applicant to declare and submit.
To support the mission and ministry of St Francis BMO church within the Dalgarno estate by developing and implementing the internal and external communications strategy. This includes managing the website, social media networks, taking and organizing photos, designing flyers and posters for events and ensuring that communications are effective.
Duties include the following:
- Regularly updating the church website using WordPress software (www.stfrancischurch.org.uk)
- Regularly updating the St Francis Facebook group and Twitter feed
- Keeping the Sunday congregation up to date with activities via a monthly email and website links
- Handling media enquiries and gaining media coverage for the church where appropriate
- Regularly updating and changing the church internal notice boards and screens
- Regularly updating the outside noticeboards and ensuring that current church events are advertised and seasonal changes are reflected
- Designing, producing and disseminating flyers and posters for St Francis events
- Taking high quality photographs at church events, filing them and saving them onto the church computer for use in future publicity
- Obtaining the correct photo consent before using any photos of children on the website and on social networks
- Organising St Francis events as instructed by Azariah.
Skills include: Finding and briefing a team, working to a budget, designing and producing publicity and managing the event itself, organizing the clear-up, taking part in a de-brief, taking photos and promoting the event on the website.
- Organising the RISE Festival, which is planned bi-annually (next one in 2017)
This involves co-ordinating and briefing a team, producing the festival schedule, sourcing pots of funding and applying for funding, gaining media coverage, promoting the event, managing the event and producing a final report.
- Developing a structure around Arthurs Ambassadors, the church’s network of support, including: designing and sending out newsletters using Mailchimp, developing a database of contacts and devising new ways of growing and promoting the network
- Organising the bi-annual Arthur’s Ambassadors dinner
- Writing reports for investors, the Diocese and the Church Commissioners as instructed by Azariah
- Gathering the stories of those impacted by the mission and ministry of St Francis and finding ways to promote these stories (eg. through a booklet or Powerpoint presentation)
- Responding to opportunities for funding and filling in grant forms as instructed by Azariah
- Dealing with email enquires from the church email address, (together with the Admin manager) and passing them on to relevant parties
Must be a team player and hold excellent people skills
Must be able to take initiative
Must be able to work very effectively under pressure, meet tight deadlines, prioritise and pay excellent attention to detail
Must be self-motivated with a positive and enthusiastic personality
Must be highly resourceful and able to learn very quickly
Please email Azariah@stfrancisdalgarno.org.uk if you would like to apply for the job.
Deadline for applications is Friday, 8 January 2016
Must be available for interview week commencing Sunday, 10 January 2016