In February 2014 St Francis Church launched Arthur’s Ambassadors, a relational movement of people, institutions and organisations motivated to positively impact the Dalgarno estates. Arthur’s Ambassadors invest time, money, expertise and access to relevant networks in order to make a difference to those who live in the area.
Arthur’s Ambassadors follow in the legacy of Rev Arthur Dalgarno Robinson, a nineteenth century philanthropist who generated resources through developing a range of relationships and enterprises. These included a school, a park, a leisure centre, and two churches.
If you would like to become an ‘Arthur’s Ambassador’, continue his legacy and support the residents of the Dalgarno Estates, you can do so by donating time, money, expertise or access to relevant networks.
BECOME AN ARTHUR’S AMBASSADOR:
1. Give Time – Practically, we are always looking for volunteers to support our mid-week activities (including STARS after school group, Minibeats toddler group and helping at the local foodbank), visiting people in the local community, offering administrative help in the office or gardening. You may also know others in your network who could help in these roles.
If you would like to volunteer and want to find out what opportunities are currently available then please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.
2. Give Money – Financially, we are looking for people to donate regularly to support the work of the church in the community. Even relatively small sums will make a difference. If you were able to provide £10 a month, over a year that would enable us to organise a community event. If you are able to give more, £100 a month over a year would fund us for a week and £500 a month would cover our heating and lighting costs for the activities we run in the church. One-off gifts will also make a difference but make it harder for us to plan. For example £1,000 would enable us to continue to be members of London Citizens, an organisation that campaigns on local issues, or to organise a community trip to the beach for those living on the estates.
We are currently setting up a way of giving to the church via our website. In the meantime, if you would like to donate to St Francis you can do so in the following ways:
- Directly into our bank account as a one-off or by standing order:
Account name: St Francis Church
Bank: The Cooperative Bank
Account number: 65706200
Charity number: 1156753
- By cheque: Please send cheques to St Francis Church, Dalgarno Way, W10 5EL making cheques payable to St Francis Church.
3. Give Expertise – You may have a particular skill or area of expertise such as photography, legal knowledge, or DIY. As a small team, knowing we have these skills available to us on an occasional basis will be invaluable.
If you would like to offer your expertise and want to discuss this with someone then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
4. Give access to relevant networks – You may have networks where you could promote some of the activities that we are involved in.
If you would like to introduce us to those in your network or promote our activities then please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.